Early Bird packets and info are being sent out to service units this month. Here are the top 5 reasons to participate in Early Bird registration for the 2013-2014 membership year:
1. Online Option – GSMH is now able to accept girl and adult registrations online! Members can register with a credit or debit card. At this time, cookie credit payments and financial assistance request will still be done by paper. For more information, ask your troop leader for a Girl Scout Registration Family Guide or visit ROSE (Registrations Online, Simple and Easy).
2. Patches! – Girls have a chance to receive 3 different patches during Early Bird. By registering before July 1st, they will get the 13-14 Early Bird patch featuring a colorful peacock. If they are registered using online registration, they will receive a ROSE (Registrations Online, Simple and Easy) patch featuring the owl mascot. A third patch is available for girls whose families participate in the Strive for Twenty-Five Family Giving Campaign.
3. We Accept Cookie Credit – Teach your girls to be self-sufficient by using their recently used Girl Scout Cookie Credit to pay for their membership dues! As a reminder, Cookie Credit can be used in GSMH retail shops to buy books and uniforms. It can also be used for GSMH program event fees.
4. You’ll be ready to go in the fall! – 2012-2013 memberships will expire on September 30, 2013. Register now and you won’t get sidetracked by the start of school and fall activities and forget to re-register! Adults and girls must be 2013-2014 members in order to attend and conduct any Girl Scout meetings or events after September 30, 2013.
5. Volunteer Tote Bags – Troops who re-register and have submitted a 2012-2013 Troop Financial Report by the July 1st Early Bird deadline will receive 2 Girl Scout volunteer tote bags for the troop leader and co-leader.
Don’t forget—the deadline for Early Bird Registrations is July1, 2013!