GSMH is pleased to introduce the all new Online Registration system! Beginning in time for Early Bird, Girl Scouts of the Missouri Heartland girls and adults will be able to renew, or create new, their memberships through the web.
ROSE is our new little owl friend who will be helping us roll out the Online Registration system. ROSE stands for Registration On-line Simple & Easy, and she’s coming soon to the GSMH website. When you see ROSE on the website click on her to take you to the Online Registration system.
Volunteers, this is a great opportunity to finally be done with all the hassle and paperwork that come with membership registrations! No more collecting and sending in forms. Encourage your girls’ parents and guardians to use the easy Online Registration system to renew their memberships beginning with Early Bird.
(Never fear: All completed Online Registrations still count toward Early Bird totals and patches. Additionally, girls who have their registrations completed online will receive a special Online Registration patch that features ROSE!)
Here are some of the reasons why you’ll want to have your parents and guardians completing Online Registration instead of you, the volunteer:
- They will be able to register from home, any time of day.
- Information at the council will be more accurate than ever as the parents and guardians themselves will be responsible for entering all information without it being copied and entered by someone else.
- Families will feel more involved in their daughter’s Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
- When a parent or guardian registers their girl, the leader does not have to collect and send any signatures to the council—it’s an entirely paperless system! (Alternatively, when a troop leader registers a girl, a paper registration and signature from that girl’s parent or guardian would still have to be collected and sent in to the council.)
- Volunteers will be free to spend more time working with girls instead of with membership registration.
- No backlog! Online Registration memberships are active and counted in the system immediately without the delays of passing the registration from person to person to council staff.
Of course, parents and guardians won’t have all the fun. Troop leaders (01s) will be able to use Online Registration to print troop rosters and manage multiple troops.
To experience Online Registration, simply go to www.girlscoutsmoheartland.org/rose beginning April 15, 2013. There you will also find guides, videos, and an FAQ to help you use the Online Registration system.